An oldie but a goodie – the 5 Rivers Green Season Special is one of the best value special offers in Botswana. A selection of Kwando Safaris camps along with a few other independent camps at a great value rate valid from 15 November 2015 through to 31 March 2016. As this special is much anticipated each year, there is already limited space in November 2015 and March 2016.
Not only are the camp nightly rates discounted, the flying rates are reduced giving you affordable access to some of the most stunning areas and camps in Botswana and the neighbouring Victoria Falls region. This is the ideal time for photographers and experienced African travellers to visit prime wilderness areas with less people.
The summer rains bring a time of transformation throughout Botswana. Pans fill, fresh grasses grow, trees and flowers flourish and birthing season begins for many species. Predators take advantage of the vulnerable young providing some interesting predator/prey interaction and migrant bird species arrive in their thousands.
Recommended itinerary: Classic Kwando Botswana Safari
3 nights Tau Pan, Central Kalahari
3 nights Kwara Camp, Okavango Delta
2 nights Lebala Camp, Linyanti
2 nights Lagoon Camp, Linyanti
Cost: $5350 USD per person sharing
Optional extension to Victoria Falls
There are 9 camps to choose from and the recommended combination varies with your month of travel.
- Tau Pan: Central Kalahari Game Reserve – the Kalahari comes alive with the summer rains. Highly recommended for travel January – March. Activities: San guided walks, game drives in the Tau Pan area and longer drives in the Central Kalahari.
- Kwara Camp: Kwara Private Concession in the Okavango Delta, one of the best land and water combination areas. Activities: Game drives, night drives, boat cruises and mokoro excursions.
- Pom Pom Camp: South Western Okavango Private Concession, true delta paradise with regular leopard sightings. Activities: Game drives, traditional mokoro excursions and boat cruises.
- Lebala Camp: private Kwando/Linyanti concession in big game country with consistent wild dog and predator sightings. Activities: Game drives and night drives.
- Lagoon Camp: private Kwando/Linyanti concession situated picturesquely on the edge of a lagoon on the Kwando in the north of this predator rich area. Activities: Game drives, night drives and boating.
- Stanley’s Safari Lodge: Livingstone, Zambia. Stunning views across the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National park across to the distant spray of Victoria Falls. Selected included activities on a 2 night stay include a visit to Victoria Falls/Zambian side including park fees, sunset cruise on the Zambezi and a village tour. A 2 night stay includes a Victoria Falls visit (park fees included) and sunset cruise.
- The Elephant Camp: Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. Stylish luxury situated on a private reserve only 10km from Victoria Falls town. A 2 night stay includes a Victoria Falls visit (park fees included), a sunset cruise (park fee’s included), cheetah and elephant interaction at sundowners.